Segmented Euro + trial backgrounds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

I got this pen made a few weeks ago. Now I'm trying a few different backgrounds. Feed back good or not is always welcome.
Thanks for looking.

20073237211_backgrounds-09.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaywood1207

Photos look pretty good but the first one is my pick. The others seem to be too busy in the background to really show the pen. Pen looks really good but can we get a close up of the cap from a side view?

Mikey

Originally posted by Alexander
<br />You should post a "how to" on this process. I am impressed.

Make a blank square, set saw blade at xx height and run the blank through, making sure to turn it at 90* each pass. then cut material to fit into the slots, drill exactly in the middle and turn as normal.

At least that is how it looks to me.

BTW, great execution and nice look. I like all the backgrounds except the darker one withthe crinkle finish. If it was lighter I think it would be OK.

workinforwood

I love the segments, they look masterful. And I like the kit you chose. I'm undecided on the actual barrel blank. It's probably the right choice...I can argue with myself over that all day! Thanx very much too for showing your cut blank.

byounghusband

Alex,
I agree with Jamie, the top pic has the best background. The others distract me from that awesome pen.

Thanks for the pic of the cut blank. What did you use for the accents to the wood inlayed into the cut slots?

alxe24

Originally posted by byounghusband
<br />Alex,
I agree with Jamie, the top pic has the best background. The others distract me from that awesome pen.

Thanks for the pic of the cut blank. What did you use for the accents to the wood inlayed into the cut slots?

The main body is made with Curupay the inlay work is osage purple heart and soda can, the back slot is 2 pieces of maple with soda can in between.
Thank you all for you kind words.
Alex

CaptG

Hi Alex, I also like the first picture best. Thanks so much for the before and after pics of the cap. Pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Ron Mc

Very well done! I love the use of the tin can to highlight the segments.
This is a beautiful pen.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom