Segmented Demented Pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from renowb

renowb

Just a little something I threw together from scrap blank acrylic pieces.

I drilled the hole in each piece first and then glued each piece on the tube, then turned. May be the hard way to do it but thought I would try something different. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Thats my approach too :)

I find it easier than trying to drill lots of pieces stuck together.. they always seperate on me at some point otherwise!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looking good. This is the reason I've saved my cut-offs. Just haven't done anything with them yet:redface: Is that brass I see in the purple piece? Seems there should be something between the light wood and turquois. I don't know what I'm talkin' 'bout:biggrin:. Nice pen!

renowb

The purple piece is part of the new blanks from Woodturningz, I believe a Lilac something.

Looking good. This is the reason I've saved my cut-offs. Just haven't done anything with them yet:redface: Is that brass I see in the purple piece? Seems there should be something between the light wood and turquois. I don't know what I'm talkin' 'bout:biggrin:. Nice pen!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The purple piece is part of the new blanks from Woodturningz, I believe a Lilac something.

But, is there brass sheet metal in there? Or, are my eyes playing tricks on me again?:rolleyes:

renowb

No metal. It might be the lighting or something.

But, is there brass sheet metal in there? Or, are my eyes playing tricks on me again?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom