Segmented Curly Mango, Black Palm, and Spalted Maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is my latest attempt at scallops and segments. I am learning alot from each of these. I know WiseT puts all of his on Majetic Kits and when get em right I will ugrade them. This started as a closed end one(busted that pressing it together) Take it down and square it up and start again. Had a scallop break lose at some point on it and had to repair. All in all they are my favorite pens to do. I like the learning process. Comments and Critiques are always welcomed and encouraged. Thanks for looking.
scallopedpen004.jpg

scallopedpen003.jpg

scallopedpen005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking pen!! You will never go back from the dark side now. keep the thin CA close by and after a few passes cover the blank with it. I think you will find that the scallops stay on better. Everything will stay on better.
Also get rid of the wood table so we can see the wood pen.:eek:

BSea

You know, when I 1st looked at this pen, I thought it was kinda busy with all the spalting and swirly mango. But the more I look at it, the better I like it. I think the spalted maple really works surprising well with the mango. Great job. I'll bet your wife doesn't even have to pick out your ties.:biggrin:

wiset1

Love the use of materials and you truly are coming along with these scallops and segmenting. Great work!

firewhatfire

my wife will have a comment about getting rid of the table:eek: I will end up with knots on my head if I get rid of it..........:beat-up:..... thats where photos happens when you are in a hurry, but it has been Dually noted for future photos.:biggrin:

Thanks for all the comments folks. I see improvements with each pen I do(and new faults) working through them at a snails pace. If you see a way to make em better let me know.

Phil

Great looking pen!! You will never go back from the dark side now. keep the thin CA close by and after a few passes cover the blank with it. I think you will find that the scallops stay on better. Everything will stay on better.
Also get rid of the wood table so we can see the wood pen.:eek:

carpblaster

wow

WOWWWWWWWWWWW Phil your really outdoing your self every time you do a new pen, thanks again for all the help, I got to do two seam rippers then i will try the scallops
carpblaster:)

firewhatfire

based on the response here and on the Facebook Penturners group. I will be doing another like this as this one is destined for the mail on Monday.

THanks for the comments and confidence building that is freely given here.

Phil

Top Bottom