Segmented Corian Jr Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

Recently a friend decided they didn't want to segment because it didn't interest them. So I lucked out and got a bunch of thin cut woods, some pick guard, and corian (or as I referred to on a text "coriander"). Found the base pre-glued center. So I added some maple and more corian and sandwiched some more maple and corian for the cap. Wet sanded through the MM and finished with both doctors and and doctor Kirks scratch free. Originally had it for a black ti but decided it looks better in a gold ti. C&C welcome.

image-2255472112.jpg

image-2515958568.jpg

image-3081525918.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Looks great Ty. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Mike, high praise knowing your work!

Very nice.

Is it just me, or all 3 pictures the same?

They were the same. I no longer have the pen. The new owner might be willing to show it off but I'll leave that up to him since he's busy!

Pen looks great! Good job on the segmenting!

Thank you.

That pen looks so good 1 picture wont do it justice thats why he put 3 on there!

I'll go with that.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hello Ty; My preference would have been to use only blue for the segments instead of the black.

I used to do a lot of Corian. Not so much anymore. I dislike telling customers it's Corian. They know that's kitchen counter top material.

It appears on the top and bottom that your epoxy is showing through?

You can never go wrong with Gold plating, although blue does go well with Rhodium/Plat.

No criticisms intended with the above, only my thoughts!

jyreene

Hello Ty; My preference would have been to use only blue for the segments instead of the black.

I used to do a lot of Corian. Not so much anymore. I dislike telling customers it's Corian. They know that's kitchen counter top material.

It appears on the top and bottom that your epoxy is showing through?

You can never go wrong with Gold plating, although blue does go well with Rhodium/Plat.

No criticisms intended with the above, only my thoughts!

Hey Mack,

I thought of that but I wanted to throw some wood in there. So far everyone likes it but I don't think it's quite perfect. There is some epoxy showing in a few spots but I think I rushed the gluing process and tried to do too much at once. I originally had intended for a Rhodium or Platinum but decided to go for the Gold Ti instead. I don't take it as criticism. Nothing you said was mean or untowards. It's all helpful advice.

Thanks

Janster

"The new owner might be willing to show it off but I'll leave that up to him since he's busy!"

......would that be Marc? Nice work. Be well............Jan

Top Bottom