Segmented Cartridge Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

This is what can happen when LOML runs off with her mother for three days and leaves an engineer to his own devices (I'm a PE) with no Honey-Do List. I have never seen a segmented cartridge pen posted, so I gave it a shot. I made this using an old Stanley miter box because I do not have a metal cutting blade for my Nobex.

I think black or some other dark color would have a better look against the brass.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Segment 1 056_edited.jpg
    Segment 1 056_edited.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 457
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

That's cool. I haven't seen this on any of the cartridge pens.

I've only made one cartridge pen, so I haven't really gotten into the whole process. I think it would look good if you did the segmenting on the lower casing and used a matching wood for the upper barrel. Just a thought.

Crashmph

That is very impressive... I was just thinking of something similar the other day. Now that you have proven it, I will surely have to give it a shot.

Outstanding Job, and I agree that a darker contrast would be more of an eye catcher.

GouletPens

Wow, quite impressive. It's nice pens like this that tend to be copied very many times over:wink: You'd better claim your stake now!

jttheclockman

Now that is taking it up a notch. Very nicely done. That will be on my to do list. Thanks for showing. Excellent work.

Wow, I really ike the looks of this one. As I am trying to visualize how you assembled it after each cut, I'm guessing a 7mm pin down the middle of the whole affair that you used to keep alignment??

Daniel

it's the first I have seen. very nice. I've had it under my skin to to a knot ever since I read your tutorial. that was nicely done as well, thanks

Skye

Wow, that's defiantly a first!

I wonder how it would look if you knotted the lower casing, then turned a dark wood for the upper casing.

SherryD

Some of you just have to much time on your hands. All kidding aside, this is a great example of the talent that is in this group. Keep up the nice work, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

ribanett

Wow, I really ike the looks of this one. As I am trying to visualize how you assembled it after each cut, I'm guessing a 7mm pin down the middle of the whole affair that you used to keep alignment??

Tim,
This is the first cartridge I've segmented. The idea came to me while sleeping and I was in the shop 20 minutes later. I still have some details to work out and I'll write a tutorial. The process will take pictures to explane it.

No, I did not use a 7mm rod down the center.

jaeger

Very nice! I think the knot the color of the bullet would look cool also.
You have a lot of talent to take a cool design and turn it into a piece of art.

Top Bottom