Segmented Burls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

Morrel Burl and Box Elder Burl on a Jr Statesman. Segmented using the guitar pick material. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• segmentedA800.jpg
    segmentedA800.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 363
  • SegmentedB800.jpg
    SegmentedB800.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 289
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Wow. that is sharp. Really looks good. I love the pick guard for segmenting. It is really easy to use. I recently started using thin sheets of alternating black and white styrene as well. It makes the black/white/black strip a lot thinner.

Do not get me wrong though. Your pen looks stellar. I just know that when I started using pick guard I did not know about the styrene so I though I would mention it if you were looking for something in a different project later on.

Great pen!

MikeL

Thanks for the comments.

Beautifully made pen !! What finish did you use ?

It is a CA finish.
Wow. that is sharp. Really looks good. I love the pick guard for segmenting. It is really easy to use. I recently started using thin sheets of alternating black and white styrene as well. It makes the black/white/black strip a lot thinner.

Do not get me wrong though. Your pen looks stellar. I just know that when I started using pick guard I did not know about the styrene so I though I would mention it if you were looking for something in a different project later on.

Great pen!

I'm not familiar with styrene. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks again.

MikeL

Great looking pen Mike!

Thanks. One day I'm going to try and find time for a watch pen (no pun intended). You ever thought about adding to the watch pen tutorials? I would like to read more about them before I test my patience on what looks like a skill that needs patience.

Top Bottom