Segmented with Brass and Redwood Burl in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Well here is one of my latest pens. I decided to give a try to putting a brass segment in between my Acrylic and Wood. What do you think?

il_570xN.372845165_sd6f.jpg

You can see more images at my site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rizaydog

It is a nice looking pen. I too like the brass. Its very elegant. However, I'm not a big fan of the wood on it either. That being said, its still a nice looking pen.

Well the wood front was sort of an after thought when I blew out the front of the blank! Then I decided that I wanted to try the brass. So I guess both of you are probably correct that it was not actually supposed to be there. I kind of like the impression of the longer front of the pen where you hold it on the wood.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would make a couple of changes. I would start by making the transition at the double brass rings a little smoother. It may be the pictures but the wood seems to dive into the brass to make it meet, then the brass rings section is straight and then the nose cone is tapered. Add to that the taper at the center band and it looks clunky.

tweaked the front end of the pen

Ok guys I disassembled the pen and reworked the front let me know if this is better as far as the size problems.

il_570xN.373400806_sh2a.jpg

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
For me the profile looks much better. More like you intended it to be this way as a design than an oops I will stick some stuff together and write with it.

Top Bottom