Segmented Bog Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from esears

esears

I have to head out to Ft. Irwin for almost 8 weeks (middle of the Mojave Desert) and I didn't want to bring my fountain with me into those conditions. I've been wanting to do a celtic bog oak for a while but I just recently got the tools to attempt it. I'm mostly satisfied, but next time I'll move the knot down a bit more and try to balance all three of them a bit better. It is on a simple gunmetal slimline since I needed something that would fit in my ACU pockets.

P1070298.JPG
P1070299.JPG

Hopefully that 9.99 picture tent thing might improve my picture taking a bit :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlofton

Very nice pen, Eric! If you aren't totally satisfied with it, you can send it to me and I'll send you a dozen Bics.

Best of luck in the desert!!

GregHight

I have been to Ft. Irwin many times and August is a brutal time to go. I missed the first gulf war because we were at the NTC (National Training Center- Ft. Irwin) and the ground war was over before we left.

Anyways, beautiful pen and I like the knot just where it is. BTW, what materials did you use?

esears

I have been to Ft. Irwin many times and August is a brutal time to go. I missed the first gulf war because we were at the NTC (National Training Center- Ft. Irwin) and the ground war was over before we left.

Anyways, beautiful pen and I like the knot just where it is. BTW, what materials did you use?

Luckily for me, I won't be spending any time out in the box, however, the daily drive from Barstow into Irwin will be a pita.

It's made out of Irish Bog Oak and a white-black-white pickguard. I like using the pickguard because it is the same kerf as my tablesaw which makes for easy segmenting.

Top Bottom