Segmented from the Bible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

Pen Turner's Bible that is, I was reading my Bible the other day and saw this segmenting project and decided I wanted to try out my new 7 1/4" chop-saw. I had some very plain Yellow Hart and plain Paduk, so I put them together with some teal veneer and this is what I ended up with. This was more of a test to see how well the saw would perform, I am happy with it. :biggrin:
I did it a little different than the book, I built the blank before drilling and tubing. The Blank was turned by my friend John (desertrat).
Thanks for looking, comments welcome. :)

Attachments

• CIMG0001.jpg
    CIMG0001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 367
  • CIMG0008.jpg
    CIMG0008.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 210
  • CIMG0009.jpg
    CIMG0009.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I did it a little different than the book, I built the blank before drilling and tubing.

Look'n good. Silly question: How would you drill and tube the blank any other way? Wood'n it be hard to line everything up?

The book is excellent... However, even without the book you can find the best answer to that question: google for Rons Morning After pen tutorial. There he walks you through how his version is done drilling before assembly.

Nice segmenting Max!

SDB777

I'm liking the effort, and the resulting beauty of a pen!

Did you CA the pieces together, or go with exopy?

Scott (plain jane to a beauty) B

maxman400

I'm liking the effort, and the resulting beauty of a pen!

Did you CA the pieces together, or go with exopy?

Scott (plain jane to a beauty) B
I use Thick CA to put it together, and I used a piece of aluminium channel as a guide to keep it straight and wax paper to keep it from sticking.

Jjartwood

NICE!
I love my little chop, (7 1/2) nice blade and no more worrying about square ends.
The segmenting on the pen is wild,the way you got it all to stay in such perfect
positioning.
Just one nice pen,looks GREAT!
Mark

Top Bottom