Segmented

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

Just finished up with this Wall Street II. It is tiger stripped maple with redheart accents. I don't have a table saw, so the redwood inserts were kinda tricky. Anyone care to guess how it was cut? As always I appreciate your comments, pro or con.

Ben

Attachments

• maple redheart segmented.jpg
    maple redheart segmented.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

Ben,

That is some beautiful work. No table saw, you say? Did you perhaps make a jig for a bandsaw? That looks too good to be hand cut with a miter box, but maybe with some careful sanding and fitting one could pull it off.

So what was the secret method? :)

First let me say that the segments look great. And so does the pen. Did you use a sliding chop saw? They look like you may have cut them at 45 degrees?

jttheclockman

I like the work. Very well done and the cuts look precise so I would guess bandsaw and a jig to get the width. Thanks for showing. Simple yet elegant.

BKelley

Sorry, nobody wins the all expense paid trip to Paris. The cuts were made using a slitting blade on the milling machine. The blade is 1/8" x 5". There are a few problems to work out, but extremely precise cuts can be made using the mill.
Thanks for the interest in this project. Oh, by the way the finish is the Doctors Woodshop Pen + using walnut oil for a sanding lubricant.

Ben

Top Bottom