See...you CAN turn this stuff!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

Today being my 4 week anniversary following my retirement ceremony from the Navy, I decided to turn some of the blanks that have been sitting around the house for a while....

These are all Polymer Clay and made using a technique that puts canes on a tube to make a blank. They are larger than the bushing which means they have to be turned to bushing size. Just use sharp tools and don't be too aggressive and you will have no problems. It turns like soft PVC once cooked.

Hope you like them! Constructive Comments Requested! That is how we progress and get better!!

Butterfly Ribbons on a Chrome Long Click.
butterflyribbons1-800.jpg
butterflyribbons2-800.jpg
butterflyribbons3-800.jpg

Pickled on a Chrome Zen.
pickled2-800.jpg
pickled3-800.jpg

Purple Flowers on a Black Titanium Long Click
purpleflowers1-800.jpg
purpleflowers2-800.jpg
purpleflowers3-800.jpg
purpleflowers4-800.jpg

Tortoise Shell on a Black Titanium Long Click
tortoise2-800.jpg
tortoise3-800.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

A nice collection, of well made pens.
My selections are the -
Purple Flowers on a Black Titanium Long Click &
Tortoise Shell on a Black Titanium Long Click.
For my taste, these colors are more attractive than the Greens, but that is just me.
Great job.

OZturner

For those interested, we have made an online tutorial with video to show step by step how to make and turn your clay blanks on our new PTownSubbie.com site for more information!

Thanks for the Link and the Tutorial, most helpful and just what I wanted. I am assembling information so I can give this media a try.
I have been blown away with what has been produced via Threads and Show Off Your Pens! postings.

Last edited:

turncrazy43

Very nice work Fred and Tina. Good to see you have unrestricted shop time now that you are Mr. rather than Commander.

edicehouse

Tina, nice to see you are keeping Fred busy and not watching Days of our Lives and General Hospital...

Great job.

No TV watching here...it's that time of year to rebuild our collection of pens before they all start to disappear.

I really need to get on that, been rather busy running around and stuff like that.

wiset1

Fred,

They ALL look awesome, but my eye is drawn to the second green one! Really great that you're getting time to follow up on some of these. Anything cool in the works for the CNC?

For those interested, we have made an online tutorial with video to show step by step how to make and turn your clay blanks on our new PTownSubbie.com site for more information!

At what temperature and how long do you bake your clay tubes?

It depends on the type of clay I am using and number of tubes (and/or if I am making beads at the same time) but usually between 250 - 275 degrees for about 30 minutes.

PTownSubbie

Fred,

They ALL look awesome, but my eye is drawn to the second green one! Really great that you're getting time to follow up on some of these. Anything cool in the works for the CNC?

You will have to just wait and see now.....:cool::biggrin:

Send me your ideas....with your eye for setup and my machining....we could work wonders!

Top Bottom