See-Thru Lucite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cnirenberg

cnirenberg

This is the last of the Caramel Ripple. Drilled and tapped with the Pam and the results are pretty evident. No more tap magic for acylics, I'm "sticking" with the Pam (tastes better too). All comments welcome.

Attachments

• PB170001_1400x1050.jpg
    PB170001_1400x1050.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 356
  • PB170003_1400x1050.jpg
    PB170003_1400x1050.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 277
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stolicky

Good job. You're making wish I got one of those tap sets.... I'll get there eventually.

Tony, at PenWorks sells the Lucite. Its the only place I have seen it. I made a pen recently with the 'blue ripple' color and I'm really proud of it. I did paint the tubes.

I also have some of the pure white Lucite but haven't done anything with it yet.

davinci27

Looks outstanding. Really clean cuts.

I've been playing with some see through materials as well, but haven't gotten anything with the inside quite this clean. I've tried the pan on the drill, but I still have to spend a good bit of time polishing the inside. I think it may be my drill bits. I haven't tried any tapping yet.

Ben

cnirenberg

Good job. You're making wish I got one of those tap sets.... I'll get there eventualy.

I took the advice of one of the members here (Thanks George) and got a tap/die set from the old HF store down the street, and followed the threads on the how's, why's etc. and picked up a separate tap/die that I thought would work for me and what I wanted to do and went from there. Not to put down the group buy folks, they were more experienced than I was, and I didn't know if it was something that I wanted to persue (Plus I was broke as could be).

cnirenberg

Ben,
Thanks. I wanted to send you that pic when you were asking about the Gossamer Pen you made. I don't know if it was a combonation of a somewhat new drill bit and material make up. The lucite cleaned up without any additional polishing. I did a somewhat transparent acrylic fro Woodcarft (Key Lime) and it acted the same as the lucite, althiugh it is not as see through.

stolicky

I took the advice of one of the members here (Thanks George) and got a tap/die set from the old HF store down the street, and followed the threads on the how's, why's etc. and picked up a separate tap/die that I thought would work for me and what I wanted to do and went from there. Not to put down the group buy folks, they were more experienced than I was, and I didn't know if it was something that I wanted to persue (Plus I was broke as could be).

HF, huh? Good to know. And the quality was obviously good enough for you to make this this. Cool.

Thanks.

workinforwood

That's a sweet pen indeed! Love the ribbons in the blank, but what I like more is the personalized touches..the self tapping, the final and all the lines you cut into the finished pen. Not sure I'd use pam with that pen..I think I'd go vanilla ice cream.

Top Bottom