Sedona's x 4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Had a log/chunk of wormed out Persimmon that was just right for some acrylic swirling. So I packaged the chunk up and sent it off to El Mostro(Eugene), and had him work his magic! This is the product of his talent....

Sedona Platnuim Rollerball w/Wormy Persimmon and gold swirl
SPR-WPwGS1.jpg

Sedona Platnuim Rollerball w/Wormy Persimmon and purple/blue swirl
SPR-WPwPBS1.jpg

Sedona Black TG Rollerball w/Wormy Persimmon and blue/aqua swirl
SblTGR-WPwBAS1.jpg

Sedona Black TG Rollerball w/Wormy Persimmon and red swirl
SblTGR-WPwRS1.jpg

Today was a good day!
Comments/critiques, always welcome.....thanks for looking.

Scott (gotta turn some more) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

They look fantastic... In fact, they almost don't look real. The colors are so vibrant that I would almost believe it was CGI or something. I think the silence you hear is awe.

ElMostro

Scott, I felt pretty good about the blanks when I was working them but now that I see the finished pens I am really happy how they turned out. The pens are outstanding and so is the finish and the pics. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you.

Eugene.

Skye

Man, those are some great blanks and your finishes look spot on.

Try to figure out a backdrop that doesn't leave that white reflection down the top and bottom of the pen. They're such good pens you're cheating them by losing a lot of detail that's getting bleached out on both the top and bottom.

SDB777

Scott, I felt pretty good about the blanks when I was working them but now that I see the finished pens I am really happy how they turned out. The pens are outstanding and so is the finish and the pics. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you.

Eugene.

And after reading in the other topic about how you remove worm 'pooh'.... How do you keep the flying 'pooh' from landing in your beverage!!:eek:

I was actually very pleased that not every worm trail was replaced with acrylic. But the pooh trail was almost solid from the acrylic that got into it....much easier to turn.

Scott (thanks much for your efforts...these are all you, I just spun 'em) B

Jon-wx5nco

I don't have the words to express how good those look. You HAVE to do a youtube video on how you get your finish!

SDB777

I don't have the words to express how good those look. You HAVE to do a youtube video on how you get your finish!

Last thing anyone wants to see is my ugly backside on YouTube.

Finish:
Thin CA soaked into blank.
Sand 220, 400, and 800 grit.
EEE
Meduim CA/BLO x 3(sometimes 4 times)
#0000 steel wool lenghtwise
Plastix Polish
Wax and buff

Scott (works best on warmer days) B

SDB777

Just how much color saturation did you add to those photos in photoshop?

The only thing I use PhotoShop Elements #6 for is my border. I use Picsas3 for a slight reduction in sharpness, and bump the light level up a bit to get rid of the shadow under the pen. Picsas3 is also used to put the 'text' in the photo.

Scott (thanks for asking though) B

SDB777

Man, those are some great blanks and your finishes look spot on.

Try to figure out a backdrop that doesn't leave that white reflection down the top and bottom of the pen. They're such good pens you're cheating them by losing a lot of detail that's getting bleached out on both the top and bottom.

Yeah, I know...that dang old MicroFleece towel sucks. But I don't like mirrrors and plain paper is hard to make look any better....
I'd like to figure out something as a backdrop, but everything I try to use is 'messed up' looking. Got any ideas? I'm open for suggestions!!

Scott (gotta be something) B

maxman400

They Look Great, Don't know any thing about being silent between Bed and work this is the first I have seen them and WOW!!!

Top Bottom