Sedona Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
attachment.jpg

My first Sedona. It's in a Ti. Gold kit, with South American Cocobolo.

I attempted the poly finish, but it wouldn't dry, so I Q-tipped about 5 or 6 coats of med. CA, mm'ing at 4,000 btwn coats. Then I went to 12,000 wet sanded after the final coat, and finished up with a good polishing of Brasso.

I meant to put on a coat of Renaissance Wax, but I forgot.

Attachments

• 184 Sedona Rollerball Pen, South American Cocobolo (Medium).jpg
    184 Sedona Rollerball Pen, South American Cocobolo (Medium).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Mack, you might want to try a coat of dewaxed shellac before the poly. Cocobolo is an oily wood. Shellac will stick to just about anything and just about anything will stick to dewaxed shelllac.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Mack, you might want to try a coat of dewaxed shellac before the poly. Cocobolo is an oily wood. Shellac will stick to just about anything and just about anything will stick to dewaxed shelllac.
Hi Keith; Thanks for that. I just wiped off the sticky poly and went with med. CA. It finished up well.

But I have another problem child right now, a Thuya burl. I had put the 1st coat of fast dry (4 hr.) poly on yesterday morn. and by last evening it was still sticky. So I proceeded to wipe that off and took some advice from someone to use Shellawax as a binder. The poly I applied last evening is still slightly sticky to the touch. I think I'll probably wipe that completely off and go with Zinsser's Sanding Sealer which I understand is a dewaxed shellac.

Top Bottom