Sedona FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vtgaryw

vtgaryw

Haven't posted many pics, but here's one that came out particularly well. It's a display piece for a showing my local Artists' Guild will be doing in October at one of the best galleries in Vermont.

Center strip is purple heart, sides are box elder, and the end pieces are bloodwood. The accents are a dark green veneer I had. All pieces were stabilized before gluing up.

Gary

Attachments

• Segmented Sedona FP - Resized.jpg
    Segmented Sedona FP - Resized.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

Thanks, everyone.

I've never seen a tutorial on this, just sort of did it by trial and error.

For proportions, I settled on a rule of 3rds - the two outside strips are each 1/4" and the center strip is also about 1/4" with the laminated veneers. After turning, the proportions look about right for a pen the size of a Sedona/Baron/Other pens of this style.

I plane the pieces down to either 1/4" for the outer sides and approx 3/16" for the center, then dry them and stabilize them.

Gar

Bob Kardell

Thanks, everyone.

I've never seen a tutorial on this, just sort of did it by trial and error.

For proportions, I settled on a rule of 3rds - the two outside strips are each 1/4" and the center strip is also about 1/4" with the laminated veneers. After turning, the proportions look about right for a pen the size of a Sedona/Baron/Other pens of this style.

I plane the pieces down to either 1/4" for the outer sides and approx 3/16" for the center, then dry them and stabilize them.

Gar

Thank you for explanation - The proportions look perfect!

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom