Sedona fountain pen - wedding gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from duanechun

duanechun

I been looking at many posts regarding wedding pen gifts - it has been very helpful to read/see what others have done. The attached photo is a pair of Sedona fountain pens I finished this afternoon for my wedding gift. I made them from Macassar Ebony and Hawaiian Koa.

A question, have you found it necessary to provide written instructions on how to load the ink (pump & disposable) when giving fountain pens as gifts?

thanks,
duane

Attachments

• chun-weddingpens2016.jpg
    chun-weddingpens2016.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duanechun

Bill - thank you for input. I'm still new to pen turning and got caught up in the formal look of the fountain pen versus thinking through the mechanics of using. Will take your advice and include instructions (maybe even the parker youtube link as well!)

thanks,
duane

duanechun

Thank you Steve. I agree, I liked the look of the Sedona kit and found it well made, easy to assemble and reasonable in cost. I had also looked at the the Zen and Jr Statesmen kits.

duane

OZturner

Great pair of Pens Duane.
A fantastic Wedding Gift, that will be Well received.
Excellent Selection of the Sedona, and the Macassar Ebony and Hawaiian Koa.
Terrific Fit and Finish,
Congratulations.
Brian.

vtgaryw

Nice pens. I like the Sedona, especially the silver plated version.

Not to hijack the thread, but I've been thinking of handing out a "use and care" card" with fountain pens. Anyone have any good wording for such a thing?

Thanks,

Gary

Bill - thank you for input. I'm still new to pen turning and got caught up in the formal look of the fountain pen versus thinking through the mechanics of using. Will take your advice and include instructions (maybe even the parker youtube link as well!)

thanks,
duane

mecompco

Very nice! I always include a nice letter with my pens, whether it's a gift or a sale, explaining the operation, how to change the refill and if a FP, how to clean it and how to use the converter.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom