Sedona Chrom White Pearl and Aero Blk Ti

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TonyL

TonyL

My first Sedona (actually my second, but didn't photograph the first one that made at the same time as this one) and Aero from a Genesis Blue Jay cut-off.

I am actually getting bored of my own work, but love to see the work of others to get ideas...so maybe this will provide others with an idea of what these blanks and kits look like together.

Questions, comments, yawns, ZZZZzzzzzzz :sleepy:

Attachments

• Sedona White Pearl.jpg
    Sedona White Pearl.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Aero Blue Black.jpg
    Aero Blue Black.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Tony, I get a lot out of seeing others work. You included. Thanks so much for putting your work out there. You are helping me and giving me a standard to reach for every time.

OZturner

Terrific Pens, Tony.
The White Sedona would make a Beautiful "Wedding Pen", the Blank is Glorious.
When I read your Description of the Aero Black Ti, and saw the Thumbnail, I wasn't all that inspired.
That is until I opened the Full Photograph, That Pen and the Blank is Spectacular.
I haven't seen or I can't recall seeing a Genesis Blank before, other than a Catalog.
It is Striking.
I have difficulty in understanding, how you could be "getting bored of my own work" while you are Presenting Pens, like these.
I cannot find any thing Criticize, with the Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

stuckinohio

The white looks great! I'm wondering if the white is a woodshed "blizzard" blank. I have found them the best pearly white in my opinion.

TonyL

Tony what is the white blank.??? It has a lot of radiance

Hi John:

Mono Swirls - Coconut (about $9) is the one that I pictured.

I also bought Snowball Rhino (about $3) which I didn't like as much, but my client did because she was giving it to someone (female) who wears cream colors.

Both were tube and reverse-painted with white primer and the brass barrel remained invisible with no glue lines showing.

Thanks for the question.

TonyL

Terrific Pens, Tony.
The White Sedona would make a Beautiful "Wedding Pen", the Blank is Glorious.
When I read your Description of the Aero Black Ti, and saw the Thumbnail, I wasn't all that inspired.
That is until I opened the Full Photograph, That Pen and the Blank is Spectacular.
I haven't seen or I can't recall seeing a Genesis Blank before, other than a Catalog.
It is Striking.
I have difficulty in understanding, how you could be "getting bored of my own work" while you are Presenting Pens, like these.
I cannot find any thing Criticize, with the Pens.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks Brian.

When I see what folks do with kitless pens and segmenting (of which I have the tools, but no desire, patience, whatever) , I realize that I am basically taking something square and turning it round. I am very humbled by what these folks do. However, I love seeing the work of others because it gives me ideas as to what I may like to buy/turn. So I share my posts because if I am going want others to post, I believe that I should too.

If you want some blanks or want me to buy them on your behalf and ship, I have never shipped to Australia, but would be happy to help you out.
What I like about the area (in addition to the styling and price) is that it is "meaty" and accepts a cut-off in most cases. I also can also get $45 to $60 depending on the cost of the blank. The Genesis blanks is not the easiest to drill as far as blowing out the end, but I went real slow (depth at a time) and it worked-out great. I also painted the tube and blank black, but they say it is not necessary. Thanks and let me know if I can help. So good to see you up and about again..you were n my prayers.

Cheers!
Genesis Blanks - Woodturningz

That Sierra is a beauty! Being a drummer I love the blank, it looks just like the classis white pearl wrapped kits (I made a snare drum like it years ago). As for "just turning it round" I politely disagree. It's just a chunk of plastic until someone's hands turn it into something beautiful!

magpens

Great looking pens, Tony !!!! . Keep it up !!!!

As others have said, Tony, please try not to get bored !! . We love seeing your work.

I should post more of mine.

Actually, I find that each pen presents its own challenges and that keeps boredom away !

Last edited:
Top Bottom