The Secret is out!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

A little over two years ago I said a thousand dollar component pen is not only obtainable but is a reality. Back when Steve Roberts was still doing shows we kept in contact almost every week to see how we each had done. He let me in on his "SPECIAL" pens as he also did on his venues. We had a deal where I would not go west and he would not come east. When he got ready to retire he then gave me his supplier of his "SPECIAL" blanks and told me it was OK to start applying to shows in Colorado,Arizona,New Mexico, etc.
I was told that don't bother using this "SPECIAL" material by a member here and get my own as I would be showing at the same shows Steve did. Very sound advise but was not heeded by me (Hardheaded Italian as I am). and I'm glad I didn't listen. I've sold a number of these at $1,000 also some Aeros and Sierras at $750 and a few Emperors @ $1200 to $1500. I present to you the "SPECIAL" material pen in a Jr. Statesman that sells for $1,000.00 at the proper venues. Real Damascus high contrast steel.
IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

:biggrin: Roy, you know I love it!!!

I just can't get over how amazing these turn out. I don't know that I'll ever be able to get to this level.

Not sure what I like better...the gator or the steel? Both ideas are stunning

Curly

I won't gush because I already hit the "like button".

I'm curious Roy, how much does the pen weigh in comparison to M3 or Trustone material?

OKLAHOMAN

Roy Its beautiful and like the others I love it!
I'm curious as well as to how heavy it is.

I'm curious Roy, how much does the pen weigh in comparison to M3 or Trustone material?

The pen weighted in at 77 grams(2.7 OZ.) vs a bakelit one that weighed in at 56 grams (1.9oz)Don't have a Jr. Statesman in M3 but had a Majestic and weighed in at 88 grams (3.1 oz)

Thanks to all for your comments.

Last edited:

Haynie

Sweet jeasus those are some pricey blanks and well worth it. There are a few big name pen companies that sell acrylic in that range that can't even come close to touching this.

I can see why the two of you agreed to not cross paths.

Nickfff

Roy,

I saw these type of pens in person at one of Steves shows that he did in the past. What do you use to turn the Damascus Steel down? Metal lathe?

Top Bottom