Second Tur-Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from benson09876

benson09876

This is my second try at a Tru-Stone. The first one was a Banded Malachite on an Olympian II. I got the cap turned and polished and was turning the barrel when just as I was getting it to the sanding diamiter i cought the end of the blank with the tip of my skew and blew it up. So I had to do another one to prove to myself that I could do it without destroying it.

This is a Red with gold Matrix blank on a chrome Vertex. I think I got a pretty good shine out of it for just sanding and polishing.

As always all comments and critiques are welcome.

Attachments

• Pen12.jpg
    Pen12.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Pen12a.jpg
    Pen12a.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Pen12c.JPG
    Pen12c.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Pen12d.JPG
    Pen12d.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 87
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Matches really good. Nice fit, ect.

My first tru stone story is better. I had it all ready, brought it to the buffing wheel. My 2 year old bumped into me, and my grip slipped and it sent it flying into the wall and shattered. (That was this weekend)

76winger

benson09876 said:
This is my second try at a Tru-Stone. The first one was a Banded Malachite on an Olympian II. I got the cap turned and polished and was turning the barrel when just as I was getting it to the sanding diamiter i cought the end of the blank with the tip of my skew and blew it up. So I had to do another one to prove to myself that I could do it without destroying it.

This is a Red with gold Matrix blank on a chrome Vertex. I think I got a pretty good shine out of it for just sanding and polishing.

As always all comments and critiques are welcome.

The pen looks great, but the hardware looks more gold than chrome. Did you mis-state? If not, you might want to look at adjusting the white balance setting of your camera to the lighting you are using.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

BSea

I like the Vertex click, and you did a great job with the tru stone. I've done a few tru-stone pens, and they are some of my favorites.

Top Bottom