second try for picture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

Sorry, I didn't quite get it the first time!

200511622536_ebonitebb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful work, Alice. I hate to think of what happened to all the bowling balls I threw out into the parking lot after a bad tournament! (It's ALWAYS the equipment's fault). [8D]

woodpens

Beautiful pen! I don't see many people making the Perfect Fit rollerball & fountains very often. They were among the first classy pen kits to hit the market. The design makes it difficult to get a well aligned center band, but once you learn a trick or two, you can do it right most of the time.

Nice job!

woodpens

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Wonderfull looking pen Alice. I have never seen a PF roller before. I guess that was before my time.
The Perfect Fit is made by Berea. The brass tube does not extend all the way to the centerband, so there is a tendency for that 1/4" or so to become out of round while turning with anything less than perfectly sharp tools. When I make them, I put a portion of a Post-It note on the bushing to make a tighter fit to the wood. The pens are very elegant and light weight. If they had just made the center band fit inside the tube rather than the ID of the wood, it would have been a more successful pen style IMHO.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by woodpens
<br />
If they had just made the center band fit inside the tube rather than the ID of the wood, it would have been a more successful pen style IMHO.
...but then it wouldn't be the wonderful pen it actually is/was. The beauty of the pen is in the light weight as well as the lines. The lines are accomplished by loosing the thickness of the brass tube.

The better way to make this pen is to make a bushing that properly centers the wood directly. Unfortunately, Berea didn't want to go there.

Regards,
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom