Second time was the charm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Terry Kester

Terry Kester

I saw someone's blank for this design (in darker colors) and though it was very cool. So I tried gluing one up and it blew out when I put the pen mill on it. I think I made the mistake of putting clamps on it when using epoxy to glue it all. So try try again and I'm pretty happy with this one. I used the general advice from all you folks esp with respect to NOT sanding to keep the dark aluminum dust out of the maple. Did the best I could with a square radius carbide.

Hopefully I uploaded and photo and posted correctly. First one I felt like showing off since I started turning in Feb.

Terry K
View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Terry, outstanding design and execution. Way to make a bunch of us really jealous! Now we've gotta start running to keep up with you! You really earned some "proud wings" with this one.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Very beautiful pen. Well done! Love the precisions cuts and joints. Masterful!

Turning smooth enough to be able to do away with "sanding" - is really helpful on metallic and segmented wood turnings. Thanks for mentioning that. Congratulations for mastering it.

Last edited:

Terry Kester

Thank you all for the kind words.

To answer gwatson50's question, oddly enough the aluminum source is a roll of flashing from the roofing department at Home Depot. Needless to say, I have pretty much a lifetime supply for pen use.

Top Bottom