85.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Warm Red Wine 2_640x399.jpg
    Warm Red Wine 2_640x399.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks, Lenny! No black! 1 oz. resin - 8 drops red transparent castin craft pig from Michaels and .10 gram Paradise Majestic Pearl Red. The black comes from the transparency of the blank over a tube treated with Brass Ager, available from Indy~Pen~Dance here in Indy. Cheap stuff, use over and over, and does a great job, like no need to paint!

Did you mix in any other pigments? Black maybe?
Very sharp looking!

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Lookin god Joe. I actually picked up a bunch of castin craft pigment from Hobby Lobby a few days ago. Michael's doesn't stock it here.

Lenny

Thanks, Lenny! No black! 1 oz. resin - 8 drops red transparent castin craft pig from Michaels and .10 gram Paradise Majestic Pearl Red. The black comes from the transparency of the blank over a tube treated with Brass Ager, available from Indy~Pen~Dance here in Indy. Cheap stuff, use over and over, and does a great job, like no need to paint!

Very sharp looking!

I like the sound of "No Need to Paint"!
I spent a good part of the evening trying to glue tubes into a blank that I had painted (both the blank and the tubes) last night. The paint was flaking off immediately... haven't found a good paint to use yet. I have used the black tubes but will check out the Brass Ager.

Thanks for the info!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Lenny, I guarantee once you have used it, you will never pick up a paint brush or airbrush again. If I'm wrong, I've got three or four airbrushes I'd be happy to sell ya!!! :eek:

Very sharp looking!

I like the sound of "No Need to Paint"!
I spent a good part of the evening trying to glue tubes into a blank that I had painted (both the blank and the tubes) last night. The paint was flaking off immediately... haven't found a good paint to use yet. I have used the black tubes but will check out the Brass Ager.

Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom