Second Run at a Kitless Fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

"Endeavor to persevere." -Chief Dan George

In my quest to make pens without kits, this is my second go at it. This one is Cumberland ebonite with black ebonite trim and section. The nib is a Bock #5 in gold plate with Beaufort reservoir. The clip is also gold plate. (It also is from Beaufort Ink. I have searched for months to find clips with online measurements. Good Mr. Dart has the common sense to actually present the ID/OD measurements so one can choose a clip to fit the pen - not the reverse. Simply liberating!)

Threads get better. Size gets better. Only sixty or seventy more and I think I'll be on to something!

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Burb

Simply stunning!! Well done. I hope when I make the swap to bespoke next year my first couple of pen look half this good!!

Gregory Hardy

Best advice in the world: "Stay close to the forums. Too many people helped me take the plunge to count, and they all were from places like this one." Reach out when you're ready. Thanks for the kind words.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I would be very proud of this pen. The threads are very clean as are the segment joints. The colors are very well matched, as is the overall profile.

Thank you for sharing! Very nice.

Gregory Hardy

Thanks, gents. I am struggling right now, as I m confined by the taps and dies I have. I'd like to see proportions a little different, but this one isn't bad. New taps and dies on the way. (I say that loudly...because my wife doesn't read this forum.)

Top Bottom