The second Prism FX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

So I offered several of the PRISM FX blansk to some friends to turn and give their opinions. Jon was one of the ones to accept the offer.

He received a Silver Fracture blank that I tried both a straight line seam on one blank, and a ripple cut seam on the other. This stuff doesn't like the ripple shears that I had handy. And this was the wrong pattern to try them with. May have to try again later.

Anyhow, here is the pic and his comments.

Turns easy as always. I put on a Jr Retro so there would be no competition with the surface (no gold accents). Pen looks good and I am sure it will find a home. Seams are a hangup for me...was able to hid part of the top with the clip, but I have what look like 3 seams (two straight and one contoured) on the lower barrel. For my taste this distracts from the reflections. Cool effect in the sunlight or bright natural bulbs...rainbows are always good. When not in direct light or at the wrong angle, it's just silver. Overall: Cool blank but a little too close to the "novelty" line for me (I make "art pens" and avoid the gimmicky types...this is definitely NOT gimmicky, but does not hit my "sweet spot"). Easy to turn, solid, good looking, different effect than others have achieved.

For the first aspect (3 seams), unfortunately with this pattern that is the part of the pattern, there is only one real seam. The second aspect as mentioned was me trying the two different shears to make the seams. This was the wrong pattern to try the wavey/ripple shear on. I agree with Jon's third point entirely, When the light isn't right, the rainbows hide and its just a Colored pen (in this case Silver, my purple one is the same way). I am willing to admit that these may be a BIT gimmicky, but some people will like the gimmick. No harm either way.

Hopefully I'll hear from my other guinea pigs shortly.

Attachments

• 1057658_10201572370456109_434154949_n.jpg
    1057658_10201572370456109_434154949_n.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 276
Top Bottom