Second attempt at segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Here is my second attempt at segmenting. Cigar with dark green/light green corian. Started out as 2 pieces of 6"x1"x1/2" corian glued together then cut into about 3/8" chunks and glued up.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Edit: Still working on my pictures [:I]

20065312910_2ndseg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Boyd

First, I'm not a fan of corian or of the color green. Your work on the segmenting is very good. All of the segments look evenly spaced and I can not see any seams. Even looks like you didn't blow it by drilling off center, which is where I regularly screw up[:eek:)]

Ron Mc

I believe this is the first stair step pattern pen that I have seen that is made from all corian. Good job!

Butcher

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

It was fun to make even though it took all day for the glue up.

I saw this on someones tutorial (can't remember who's) and just did the half and half blank. I did drill before I cut and glued the segments. I think that made it a lot easier with the glue up, kept everything centered on the tube.

The third attempt was almost the same thing but I did a checker board type blank out of a dark blue and pearl white chunk of corian. That one turned out nice but you can see one of the seams (guess I didn't get it clamped quick enough).

Next step is to try one out of some type of wood.

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom