Second Amendment Pen is a hit!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

Following the advice from IAP members in my last thread. I added the Second Amendment wording to my pen.

I showed it to the owner of the shooting range where I shoot all the time. His eyes got big and he ordered 20 right then. He also has a sporting goods store and he called me this morning to order 20 for the store.

secondamendment1.jpg

The wording is on a water-slide decal under 10 coats of thin CA.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Larry I love the idea. I am going on the assumption you have coated these pens with CA before, how do the stand up to abuse??? Is the entire pen coated with CA???

ribanett

Larry I love the idea. I am going on the assumption you have coated these pens with CA before, how do the stand up to abuse??? Is the entire pen coated with CA???

The entire pen is coated with CA. The bottom part has 5 coats of thin CA, then the decal, followed by 10 coats of thin CA.

To check the bonding between the CA and the brass. I applied 5-decal-10 to 2 cases and after 8 hours scraped the finish off with a knife. There was no flaking or chipping of the CA from the brass.

I have used CA as a finish for over a year and my everyday pen shows no sign of wear.

Gagler

I really like that idea, and something to do with the cartridge kits I have! Not only adding the second amendment, but any other "colorful" phrase you can think of.

What brand of decal did you use?

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
I really like that idea, and something to do with the cartridge kits I have! Not only adding the second amendment, but any other "colorful" phrase you can think of.

Criminals perfer unarmed victims
Gun control means hitting your target
I got a gun for my wife - Best trade I ever made
I miss my Ex - But my aim is improving
Sure you can have my gun - Bullets first

Grizz

Banned
If guns kill people then I get to blame my pencil for my spelling errors.

Top Bottom