Seamus Rules!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodgraver

woodgraver

I travel to Japan for work from time to time to visit the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73). Just outside it's base in Yokosuka, Japan along Dobuita Street Sailors partake of spirits and yakitori. There is a neat banner hanging from the light posts along this street and I immediately thought how good it would look on a pen. I found a sticker in one of the shops, brought it home and began casting. My process wasn't sound though and I ran into a bind because I wanted to give 8 pens as "gifts" to people out there serving our country when I go back this coming week.

Fortunately Seamus was up for the challenge and did a masterful job jumping through hoops to get these cast for me so I can turn them and have them ready to hand out on my trip.

We sure are fortunate to have such a great community of craftsmen here!

Attachments

• 2013-03-20 07.19.11.jpg
    2013-03-20 07.19.11.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 512
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Seamus is very talented with casting. Always come out looking great :)

Great looking pen im sure they will love them

redbulldog

I still have good memories of times in "Yoko" and that goes back to the late 50's. These will be cherished by the men. I was on a WWII carrier so it was nothing like what they are on.

walshjp17

I spent a little bit of time on the Midway (CV-41) when it was based in Japan. She was about half the size of the current CV classes :wink:.

woodgraver

8 Pack

Just finished turning all 8 of the blanks Seamus made for me! I have to admit I was a little nervous of messing up his awesome casting, but I made it through just fine due mainly to the quality of the blanks!

Attachments

• 2013-03-21 08.49.13.jpg
    2013-03-21 08.49.13.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom