seafoam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fernhills

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernhills

Seafoam acrylic from woodcraft,Slimeline,Chrome hdw.Something simple after making 5 segments..Carl

200811744154_Hpim0411.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Originally posted by jwoodwright
<br />Still continue to wish for larger diameter center bands for the slimline...

Joe move up to making the Comfort pens without incorporating the rubber grip, exact same as the Slimline but with a larger centre-band.[;)]

Lovely pen Carl, I really like that blank![:p]

Ozzy

Nice looking pen. Here's an idea for your center band woes, don't use one. The only time I use the center band on a slim line is when a customer request it.

GaryMGg

Nice pen Carl.
<br />Still continue to wish for larger diameter center bands for the slimline...
Turn your own. Nowhere is it stated you have to use all the parts supplied with a kit. [;)]

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />
Turn your own. Nowhere is it stated you have to use all the parts supplied with a kit. [;)]

Rule 47, Subparts (a) and (b) state clearly that all parts of a pen kit must be used...

It doesn't say when, where, or how, so it an easy rule to get around [:D]

fernhills

Thanks for looking everybody and commenting,I kinda like the hour glass shape,i made the lower blank a little more proud then i normally do cause i wanted to see how beads worked out in acrylics. Carl

potter

don't worry, but those pens are looking like a child-bearing earthworm[;)]
for the rest, an exact work with a beauitful blank!

bitshird

Originally posted by ligget
<br />

Joe move up to making the Comfort pens without incorporating the rubber grip, exact same as the Slimline but with a larger centre-band.[;)]

Lovely pen Carl, I really like that blank![:p]

Make a centerband! the extra cost for the larger centerband of a comfort pen really doesn't seem to be justified, and hardly any one uses the rubber tip, you can turn a CB out of a contrasting wood, or not use a centerband that looks pretty nice in it's self, just make the top blank just a wee bit longer, a couple pieces of pickgaurd glued together looks nice with acrylics, just drill the center hole 1/4, it fits as good as the plated stuff, you and get fancy center bands by turning a few beads on the contrasting wood or plastic, and not have to be worried about size restriictions of a center bushing. that is a nice looking pen though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom