Scrolled Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan26

Dan26

Took some advice and made this one with translucent color. The lines are cleaner and it does show depth (thanks George aka Robutacion). And the color didn't bleed this time. Next time I'll leave out the Pearlex. I thought it would show the depth, but it doesn't do much here. And, I finally got something to put it on.

Comment/critiques welcome.

Dan

Attachments

• 11028-1.jpg
    11028-1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 477
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Really looks amazing with the contrasting colors. You must have a steady hand to cut these...Amazing work!

oops99

Beautiful job there Dan,
How thick was the piece you scrolled, and what size blade did you use?

Tom/oops99

ToddMR

Very cool for sure. I can see the improvements. Looking good! It looks like you might had some CA lift on you towards the bottom clip end in the picture, or hazed on you. Still a good looking pen.

robutacion

Took some advice and made this one with translucent color. The lines are cleaner and it does show depth (thanks George aka Robutacion). And the color didn't bleed this time. Next time I'll leave out the Pearlex. I thought it would show the depth, but it doesn't do much here. And, I finally got something to put it on.

Comment/critiques welcome.

Dan

No doubt Dan, a great improvement...!

I'm glad that you took my advice, no longer looks paper decal job and it enhances your fine work with the scroll-saw...!

Keep up the good work, mate...!

Cheers
George

Dan26

Thanks guys.

Tom, I use 3/4" blanks and cut them lengthwise, so the thickness that I scroll is only 3/8". I had to use a FD puzzle blade to fit the hole I drilled. It's slow going and I break about 3 blade per blank. I still have some improving but feel I'm headed in the right direction.

Todd, you're right. I didn't notice until I assembled the pen. I found that I took the wood a little below the bushing. Since I waxed the bushings to keep the glue from sticking, I think some wax got on the blank. I think I'll redo the end. Thanks.

Dan

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Gotta love "The Unbridled Spirit"!!!! Excellent work Dan. Makes me proud to be from KY.

Dan26

Thanks again.

Steve, I used PR I picked up a while ago from Hobby Lobby and tinted it blue. I put it in the pressure pot but not sure for how long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom