Script Click Pen kit from Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

It is never too soon to start selling pens .... every admirer is a potential buyer !

I like that pen .... where did you get the blank ?

The blank is beautiful !!!

Did you know that you can make this kit as a single barrel pen by being a little creative with the tubes and reducing the diameter of the center band ?

I have shown some made like that .... you can view in my photo library.

OZturner

Beautiful Blank and Superb Finish Jason.

You asked if we thought you were ready to start Selling.

I take that you are referring outside your Family and Friends, To Joe Public at a Market or on your Web Site etc.
While your Finish is Excellent, and Your Fit, is Good, I have Concerns about your Pens Profile.
I see that the all Transitions from the Blank to the Nib to the Center Band, to the Clip, all have a Rapid Diameter Reduction over a Short Distance to reach the Hardware.
This creates a Wasp Body Profile,and is not what I would use my hard earned Money to Purchase.
I know that my thought are not Universally held on this Forum.
But I believe that I would be doing you a Grave Injustice, if I didn't tell you as I feel.

I would like you to Turn the Blanks, so that the Transition is Barely Noticeable.
This will take quite a lot of Confidence, Concentration, and Sharp Tools.
But the Results are a True Sign of a Competent Turner.
Regards,
Brian.

Aces-High

Challenge accepted Brian! Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Beautiful Blank and Superb Finish Jason.

You asked if we thought you were ready to start Selling.

I take that you are referring outside your Family and Friends, To Joe Public at a Market or on your Web Site etc.
While your Finish is Excellent, and Your Fit, is Good, I have Concerns about your Pens Profile.
I see that the all Transitions from the Blank to the Nib to the Center Band, to the Clip, all have a Rapid Diameter Reduction over a Short Distance to reach the Hardware.
This creates a Wasp Body Profile,and is not what I would use my hard earned Money to Purchase.
I know that my thought are not Universally held on this Forum.
But I believe that I would be doing you a Grave Injustice, if I didn't tell you as I feel.

I would like you to Turn the Blanks, so that the Transition is Barely Noticeable.
This will take quite a lot of Confidence, Concentration, and Sharp Tools.
But the Results are a True Sign of a Competent Turner.
Regards,
Brian.

Dehn0045

I agree with Brian, but I also think that the average person is not going to be as discerning as an experienced penturner. They'll sell, for sure, but what pat of the hobby brings you joy? For me it is when I give a pen away as a random gift and it makes that persons day, or when I see them using the pen weeks later, or when they comment about how somebody (usually a family member) tried to steal their pen. My point is, for me, selling pens would mean less of this part of my hobby, so I generally don't try to sell. For you, selling might mean you get to do more of what you like, I'd say go for it.

Top Bottom