Scrimshaw - Persian Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Artemiss

Artemiss

Hi Folks,

Happy Easter to one and all.
My apologies, it's been far too long since I visited last.

Following on from my last post, I thought you might like to see me latest Scrimshaw'd Pen.
I completed it a while ago, but have only just had time to photograph it.

Hope you like.

Scrimshaw-Pen-PersianMedium.jpg

Jo

PenPal

Joanne,

Absolutely beautiful pen executed to be able to take my breath away, I am so glad you showed us how incredible artistry can emblazon a pen in this manner to further extend the boundaries of unique pens.

So many times members have said did you see this, what do you think about that pen, can you see the value in them, how can they justify the incredible price invariably produced utilising expensive jewels etc.

Here you show your masterpiece, value priceless beyond the best I have ever seen in scrimshaw. craftperson that you are you deserve all the accolades this pen demands.

Kind regards Peter.

thewishman

WOW!! Several of your flower shapes would be so risky to execute properly, our eyes would expect symmetry - you nailed them. Congratulations! What a great piece of art.

Haynie

I must say, you do set the bar VERY high for yourself. That is stunning.

I just looked at your site and the pen you have listed below this one is phenomenal. Reasonable prices too.

Last edited:

Artemiss

Hey guys, thank you for all your compliments.

I'm glad you liked it! ;)

Jo

Last edited:
From what I am gathering from your/her site, is that this is hand carved into a material. If this is so, this pen has some great detail of hand carved work.Weather by hand or by hand with a power tool, it is some amazing work.

Robert111

Hi Folks,

Happy Easter to one and all.
My apologies, it's been far too long since I visited last.

Following on from my last post, I thought you might like to see me latest Scrimshaw'd Pen.
I completed it a while ago, but have only just had time to photograph it.

Hope you like.

Scrimshaw-Pen-PersianMedium.jpg

Jo

Like? LIKE? I love it!

Artemiss

From what I am gathering from your/her site, is that this is hand carved into a material. If this is so, this pen has some great detail of hand carved work.Weather by hand or by hand with a power tool, it is some amazing work.

Thank you folks.

Ruby,
The design is carved, scratched or stippled into the surface, all my hand alone. There are no machines involved in my Scrimshaw.

Jo

bitshird

The art wrapping a pen is absolutely Astounding, I would love to see some of your work in hand, your site does have some beautiful pieces for sale, in fact, more than a few took my fancy.

seriph

You'd shame nearly every old salt who ever picked up a whale tooth with work like that .... it is the finest I've seen - love scrimshaw. I held a Visconti 4th of July pen in my hands last Friday

VI_declaration.jpg

... it has the entire declaration of independence scrim'd onto it and costs around $3500 - your work is its equal, except I imagine theirs is done by machine not hand!

Exquisite work, which must have taken you many many hours.

Last edited:

Artemiss

You'd shame nearly every old salt who ever picked up a whale tooth with work like that

In fairness to the 'salty old sea dogs' out there, their canvass was somewhat more moveable than mine! :biggrin:

Thank you for the compliment.

Jo

Top Bottom