SCREWED ON PITH PEN!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rounder

Rounder

Got home from work last night and my PITH pen from Australia had arrived. George (Robutacion) got my name. He totally screwed me!:eek: I don't think I will get involved with the PITH anymore. I thought it would be more fun and you would get to see some really neat work from other people around the world. Guess I was wrong. I will finish mine that I have to do for my recipient and then...........................................................................
I don't know :frown:, you look and decide if I got screwed or not.

JUST KIDDING!!! I LOVE IT! What a neat looking pen and wonderful imagination to make it like this. I want to really thank George for a very neat pen and a couple of nice blanks also. I LIKE IT!!!:):biggrin::wink:

Attachments

• P1030545.JPG
    P1030545.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 570
  • P1030550.JPG
    P1030550.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 315
  • P1030556.JPG
    P1030556.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 212
  • P1030554.JPG
    P1030554.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 212
  • P1030553.JPG
    P1030553.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

You got screwed alright! Congratulations! :biggrin:
I need to stop looking at all these PITH pictures.
Now I have to redesign my plan AGAIN!!! :eek:

robutacion

Got home from work last night and my PITH pen from Australia had arrived. George (Robutacion) got my name. He totally screwed me!:eek: I don't think I will get involved with the PITH anymore. I thought it would be more fun and you would get to see some really neat work from other people around the world. Guess I was wrong. I will finish mine that I have to do for my recipient and then...........................................................................

JUST KIDDING!!! I LOVE IT! What a neat looking pen and wonderful imagination to make it like this. I want to really thank George for a very neat pen and a couple of nice blanks also. I LIKE IT!!!:):biggrin::wink:

Hahahahahah, I told you what you were going to get on my teaser post here (post 120), if you have had a good look, or interpreted what the pic meant and my last comment where I said that "I hope that he doesn't feel screwed...!)

The wood is my Knotty Pine #25 on the timbers list, the pen kit components were from a matt gold Slimline.

I cut 4 blanks originally at 1" square for the head part of the screw and stabilize them with 70/30 PR and acetone but, the PR didn't penetrate trough, it reached about 1/4" in or so, I don't think that my 100PSI were enough to make the resin go any further. Therefore, only part of the head have still some resin the rest is straight knotty pine.

The tread was done by hand using a hacksaw blade to start, then a triangular file and then a small round file. A little thin CA soaking the area I was going to cut the thread, was all I needed to get it done...!

This was my second attempt as my first, done in a completely different way, and the one I would prefer, where the 7mm hole was only done on one end of each barrel, but while I was cutting the thread close to the tip, it broke just at the point where the brass tube ended. The bottom part of this pen was tapped a little too much, leaving almost no wood pass the end of the tube towards the nib. I rebuilt it (3 times) before I gave up and gave it a coat of varnish but the refill doesn't move in as the extra glue from the repairs, stops it...!:mad:

This pen is now on my desk, as a teaser for those looking at it, when visiting me...!:wink::biggrin:

So my friends, this will complete my participation on the 2011 PITH...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Rounder, the other 2 blanks I sent you are the brothers/sisters of this one and the one I stuffed-up...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_2496_(1).jpg
    100_2496_(1).jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_2500_(1).jpg
    100_2500_(1).jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

boxerman

Boy you did get screwed on that. You better send it to me I hate to see it body get screwed that bad.:biggrin: By the way that is very cool pen. Now you need a nail pen to go with your screw pen.:biggrin:

Rounder

Hahahahahah, I told you what you were going to get on my teaser post here (post 120), if you have had a good look, or interpreted what the pic meant and my last comment where I said that "I hope that he doesn't feel screwed...!)

The wood is my Knotty Pine #25 on the timbers list, the pen kit components were from a matt gold Slimline.

I cut 4 blanks originally at 1" square for the head part of the screw and stabilize them with 70/30 PR and acetone but, the PR didn't penetrate trough, it reached about 1/4" in or so, I don't think that my 100PSI were enough to make the resin go any further. Therefore, only part of the head have still some resin the rest is straight knotty pine.

The tread was done by hand using a hacksaw blade to start, then a triangular file and then a small round file. A little thin CA soaking the area I was going to cut the thread, was all I needed to get it done...!

This was my second attempt as my first, done in a completely different way, and the one I would prefer, where the 7mm hole was only done on one end of each barrel, but while I was cutting the thread close to the tip, it broke just at the point where the brass tube ended. The bottom part of this pen was tapped a little too much, leaving almost no wood pass the end of the tube towards the nib. I rebuilt it (3 times) before I gave up and gave it a coat of varnish but the refill doesn't move in as the extra glue from the repairs, stops it...!:mad:

This pen is now on my desk, as a teaser for those looking at it, when visiting me...!:wink::biggrin:

So my friends, this will complete my participation on the 2011 PITH...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Rounder, the other 2 blanks I sent you are the brothers/sisters of this one and the one I stuffed-up...!

Cheers
George

I am even more impressed with the pen now after reading how you did the threads. Sounds like a lot of time and patience went into this pen. Makes it even more appreciated. Thanks again George for an excellent pen!!!

Jgrden

Some one needs this pen, or how to make it, for a lawyer friend (Ithink) of his. He was on the Penturners sites yesterday.

ohiococonut

Fantastic! Some of the things you guys/gals come up with are amazing. My wife used to think I was crazy, now she's sure because I keep mumbling things I want to try out in my workshop.

Top Bottom