Screwbean figure mesquite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Eagle wanted me to post something so he could make a comment. Here are a few post Provo.

20057314157_MesquiteScrewbeanFigure.jpg

New Picture

20057505217_MesquiteScrewbeanFigure4.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Lou,
Two questions:
1) OK, where's Eagle's comment??
and
2) why didn't you bring this one today? [:D]

Did you take this picture with a light tray under the pen? If so, the lighting casts some strong shadows on the upper surface of the blank that make it hard to see the pen (IMHO). The pic might be better with some additional lighting. It's an interesting idea though; I had been on eBay looking for a light box for the same purpose.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the kind words. As for Eagle...he's an early to bed, early to rise kind of bird. [:D] Jim--I did bring this one today...in fact someone (who shall remain nameless) assembled it backwards in terms of the grain. The photo is some of the first I am taking with this new camera and setup. I'll be playing with it for awhile, hoping to get pictures that look better than scans. If I come up with a better one, I'll post it! FYI, this stuff turned VERY easily and loves to be polished! Finish is shellac, lacquer and TSW to top it off!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, again, folks. I'm working on my photography tonight! If I get anything right, I'll repost some pictures in the Pen Photography forum. [8D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />.......As for Eagle...he's an early to bed, early to rise kind of bird. [:D]........

Since when? Evert time I talk to him it's midnight before we know it.
Sure gets lots of useful information from him. [;)]

JimGo

Lou,
I like the new picture a lot better. There still seems to be a lighting issue; it looks a little uneven across the pen, especially down closer to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom