Screaming Eagle Scroll in Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Scroll work done by Jeff Powell (workinforwood). This one I had the tube painted and clear cast Pr. If you look close you will see the walls of the antler in the Eagle's head feathers. As always all comments welcome.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

I can't see it either....
and I have re-booted; logged off and back on; and refreshed the page...

Last edited:

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Scroll work done by Jeff Powell (workinforwood). This one I had the tube painted and clear cast Pr. If you look close you will see the walls of the antler in the Eagle's head feathers. As always all comments welcome.

attachment.php

We're all still playing with this "full0size image" thing, but I see the screaming Eagle when I enlarge the thumbnail.

OKLAHOMAN

How come It6s plane as day on my computer and others can't see it.

I added the thumbnail, but on my screen the large picture was and is there, I feel like Vinnie on Welcome Back Cotter " I'm so confused"

I added the thumbnail, but on my screen the large picture was and is there, I feel like Vinnie on Welcome Back Cotter " I'm so confused"

attachment.php

redfishsc

Both the pen and the pic look good from my house! I love the silhouette style, that is some great work! I imagine scrolling antler is a tough job.

OKLAHOMAN

John, if you look at the bottom of the barrel you will see a thin red line. There is also one under the clip, they are about 1/8 inch and thats where the blank was cut in half to do the scroll .
Is the image on both sides of the pen or do you cut the antler in half to scroll?

OKLAHOMAN

Serge, no its cut in half after drilling and then useing a skroll saw the Dragon is then cut into one side the other side has 2 feathers, if I get a chance today I 'l see if I can get a photo of the other side.
thanks Jeff, so that mean the Eagle is in both side, am I correct? nice work

IPD_Mrs

Super work by the both of you. I know how it is when I am running the scroll saw and could not imagine cutting antler. Because of my eyes I have to get very close to see what I am doing. The smell would be overwhelming.

Mike

bitshird

You guys gotta stop making such cool pens, or I'll be tempted to do something stoopid again and hurt my self some more, Jeff your scroll work is beautiful, no wonder you won that prize, and Roy, would you please make an ugly pen, just once so I won't feel so bad ;)

Top Bottom