Scotch, Scotch, Scotch.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GrantH

GrantH

Well, Ed was kind enough to ship out my order promptly after receiving it and I promptly got to turning. I'm a hobby drinker/home brewer and love Irish whiskey. I was able to order a couple Glenfiddich blanks, though Scotch, Irish none the less. I ordered a Trition with Heritence nib as well, so they were paired.

This is the first time turning btw centers start to finish, the first time not using any form of bushings, and the first time using novus polish. I'm stoked to say the least. This pen is on a level none of my others have been close to. Enjoy (I hope)!

Fountain from Stave 1 by FlatRockerPhotos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JD Combs Sr

Very nice pen. Did the wood come with any kind of certificate? I have some Jack Danial's stave blanks and they came with a certificate of authenticity, one for each blank.

GrantH

Very nice pen. Did the wood come with any kind of certificate? I have some Jack Danial's stave blanks and they came with a certificate of authenticity, one for each blank.

They do have a little business card to show authenticity. One for each blank. I also got Jim Beam blanks.

I'd be interested to know where you got those JD blanks...

BSea

Hey Grant. Great job!! See, I told you you'd never use all those slimline kits. At least not right away. I can't tell from the picture, but did you do a custom finial cap?

Mossy

A very very nice pen. What you need to do now is sit down with a glass of Glenfiddich (made in Scotland) sip the whiskey and congratulate yourself.

GrantH

A very very nice pen. What you need to do now is sit down with a glass of Glenfiddich (made in Scotland) sip the whiskey and congratulate yourself.

Duh! haha. I knew it wasn't Irish...slipped my mind I guess. It's called scotch for a reason i'm sure! LOL Thanks for the comments.

GrantH

Hey Grant. Great job!! See, I told you you'd never use all those slimline kits. At least not right away. I can't tell from the picture, but did you do a custom finial cap?

I actually used them all, though some never made it out of the lathe stage. Those were my pens for my Mom and Aunt, and my attempts at new processes. They were/are much appreciated.

BSea

I actually used them all, though some never made it out of the lathe stage. Those were my pens for my Mom and Aunt, and my attempts at new processes. They were/are much appreciated.
Actually, I was talking about one of your 1st threads where you wanted to buy about 15 or 20 slimline kits to start. Not that you wouldn't ever get to them, but the other kits (like this current pen of yours) are more fun IMHO.

Having said that, I've started making some Euro's, and have plans for a few slimlines soon. I guess it's true. . . . . never say never.

GrantH

Actually, I was talking about one of your 1st threads where you wanted to buy about 15 or 20 slimline kits to start. Not that you wouldn't ever get to them, but the other kits (like this current pen of yours) are more fun IMHO.

Having said that, I've started making some Euro's, and have plans for a few slimlines soon. I guess it's true. . . . . never say never.

Ah, yes, i've found more fun in these as well. People seem to find them a bit more interesting as well. I've got bullet pens and sierras right now. I'm now able to make Jr Gents, Sierras, Tritons, Slims, and of course the Atrix. A decent line up, with possible others upon looking deeper.

Top Bottom