School Fundraiser Pencil w/homecast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InvisibleMan

InvisibleMan

I want to stock mechanical pencils at my kids' school's fundraising craft fair next month. After a little research, I've settled on the PSI Pro Slim pencils. I've made a couple and, so far, I really like them. They're beefier than a standard slim, and the mechanism seems to work well.

I'm planning to cast blanks with the local teams' colors, as well as some other colors just for fun. Here's the first - Teal Wave on black titanium. I like how this one came out. Questions/comments welcome!

Attachments

• Teal Wave Pencil.jpg
    Teal Wave Pencil.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Nice casting, looks almost like the PR was about to 'get-away' and didn't get swirled...almost a 'plop pour'?

Cool anyway! I like it.

Scott (plop pour) B

InvisibleMan

WOW, I love your cast, almost looks like trustone!

Thanks! Yes, trustone looks are what I'm working on - this one and a marbled pattern. I like the clean, contrasting colors.

Nice casting, looks almost like the PR was about to 'get-away' and didn't get swirled...almost a 'plop pour'?

Cool anyway! I like it.

Scott (plop pour) B

Not sure what to call the pour, but a swirl was definitely not what I wanted with this blank. The first batch I cast reminded me of a wave, so that's what I call it. I wish I could take a decent picture - still practicing with photoshop and camera settings. The pencil looks far better than the photo shows:redface:. It actually has a bit of pearl that doesn't show.

Top Bottom