School Bus Pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I haven't had a lot of shop time of late, but I got a special request for a school bus Pen for a Birthday gift. He only drives for the Handicapped Kids and has done it for most of his career. I was given a free hand and this is what I came up with. The Blank is black plastic and Alumilite with decals for the lettering. I cut a tenon on the bottom of the blank and pressed on a stainless steel spinner ring that was picked out by the person requesting the pen.
Comments Welcome, and Thanks for Looking. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Bus 2.jpg
    Bus 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Bus 3.jpg
    Bus 3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Bus 4.jpg
    Bus 4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Bus 1.jpg
    Bus 1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Bus 5.jpg
    Bus 5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Max,
This is a very creative pen! I love it!
You say you used decals for the letters. How does that work?
Alice

maxman400

Max,
This is a very creative pen! I love it!
You say you used decals for the letters. How does that work?
Alice
I bought clear water slide decal paper (plastic) on line, and used AVERY's design pro 5 program (free) to design the lettering and add the handicap sign. Once I had my design I printed it on the paper, sprayed it with KRYLON Christal Clear to protect the ink. Then I cut out the design out, soak it with water and slide it on to the pen and pat it dry. Once it is dry I seal it with thin CA, then I build up a few layers of CA, wet sand, and buff. :biggrin:

workinforwood

Looks perfect Max! If I had to drive school bus I'd want the handy cap bus too. Those kids are always happy, I like that. I deliver to a place that employs these people and its always a highlight of my day and there's. Toot Toot the horn they be screaming! :laugh:

maxman400

Looks perfect Max! If I had to drive school bus I'd want the handy cap bus too. Those kids are always happy, I like that. I deliver to a place that employs these people and its always a highlight of my day and there's. Toot Toot the horn they be screaming! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the great comments and feedback, Jeff the driver of the bus has had offers to change to other routes but has declined, Because the kids know him and trust him and that means a lot to him.

jttheclockman

Max that is a very creative design and well executed. I am sure it will be well received. Thanks for showing.

Jeff you hit the nail on the head. Those kids are always happy and just put a smile on your face and in your heart.

kenspens

nice pen! good design i am begining to think there is not a person on this earth we can,t come up with a concept design for a pen!
all the hard to buy for christmas ppl better look out that problem is well underway to being solved here at IAP! lol
ken
kenspens

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I've had a very tough week. But this pen puts a smile on my face. I really like the whole theme to it.

Grizz

Banned
Nice.. Nice... Nice... Nice...

Very Innovative of you! I don't like that style of pen... but you made me a believer.

maxman400

Looks nice. I plan on making a pen for my sons bus driver.
the bus is also a handicap bus.

What printer do you use to print the labes with?
It's an HP 2400 from Wal-Mart.

Thanks again everyone for all of the great comments, the Pen was delivered yesterday afternoon to the requesting party and she was very happy with it.

Top Bottom