Scary antler cartridge pen(part two)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sparhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparhawk

WellI appreciate all the feedback anf must agree it was a bit much. Just to show that it wasnt a photoshop job i am posting the parts before and after, along with a shot of the finished pen both ways. Was a real b--- threading the tenon i turned on the piece of horn

anyway and not sure how strong it would be. Thanks for the advice and hope someone got a laugh or two out of it.But you never know what you can come up with unless you try.Now for next years halloween pen idea.......[}:)]

200711124537_scare1.jpg

200711124613_antpen1.jpg

200711124647_antpen2.jpg

200711124717_antpen3.jpg

200711124838_ant2.jpg

Firefyter-emt

Hey!! How was that "dry cracked" antler to work with? I had some given to me that had weatherd for a long time and it's all cracked. Did you slury it with CA or what? The final photo looks great, but save the others for the "Ugly Pen" contest, because you have a real contender there for sure!

sparhawk

I turned it down only slightly at the ends and tryed to leave as much of the original horn as i could.The antler turned fine(except for the stink-thought i was at the dentists office) and i ocasionally wiped with a little ca throughout the process. Including sanding between applications.a little bit of c.a.-- alittle bit of sanding, alittle bit of c.a.--- a little bit of sanding.My first antler so may be beginners luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom