Sawed off Cambridge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

This blank looked so darn weird out of the box that I had to turn it to see what was inside. It is a dyed, stabilized black ash burl. (I dare ou to say that one fast 3 times.)
It was a freebie in with some kits that I bought. I think the blank is really spectacular.
The kit is a Cambridge, turned closed end. Nothing fancy, but I thought it went well with this blank.
My skin is thick.

200832911941_open%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Thanks much, guys. The blank really is the star. This is the first Cambridge that I've done. I got it at a wood show several months ago, and forgot about it. It's really just a jazzed up El Grande, using the same drills and bushings. But is has a bit of bling to it that I thought would go with the blank.
The darn thing is that the blank was a one-off. Now I have to go out and buy some. ;)

VisExp

Originally posted by gwilki

The darn thing is that the blank was a one-off. Now I have to go out and buy some. ;)

I'm sure that was the plan ;) Give you a freebie sample, get you hooked and then wait for you to order a bunch more blanks like it :D

It's a beautiful blank and you did it justice!

penartist

Wow!!! what a blank!!! I'll have a ton please.
Well made pen; perfect match with the kit. No well known pen brand be it Mont Blanc, Parker, Faber Castell, Waterman etc. etc. compares with your creation.

Regards, Evan

Top Bottom