Saved watch part blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I got these awesome watch part blanks from Mike Hirsch (Indiana_Parrothead) Problem was, they had no components. :redface: So, I made some. :biggrin: Using aluminum ( ALUMINIUM for those older English speaking readers) :wink: It was a fun project and, I loved the challenge although they are by no means perfect. Another stepping stone for ME. Thank you Mike!

BTW, another friend named Mike Redburn, sent me a special file. For the purpose of shaping the nose cone. I was going to get out to the shed and, make another today. But, yesterdays rain turned to snow and, it is frozen shut :redface::frown: So, I will have to re-post a photo at another time. :biggrin:

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1702 (3).jpg
    IMG_1702 (3).jpg
    154 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1703 (2).jpg
    IMG_1703 (2).jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1704 (3).jpg
    IMG_1704 (3).jpg
    188 KB · Views: 364
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

Chuck
That is really nice, hand made from start to finish.
Cheers
Bob
P.S.
I may be wrong but there may be a few guys waiting in the wings ready to pounce on your challenge with the snow and frozen door to the shop.
Buckle up~
Go Packers!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It's great to see you're posting pens again! Simply beautiful job both Chuck and Mike.

...I love the centerband :):biggrin:
Thank you Mark. I owe it to you and, Ernie!:wink: Got me out of my little slump :biggrin:

Chuck
That is really nice, hand made from start to finish.
Cheers
Bob
P.S.
I may be wrong but there may be a few guys waiting in the wings ready to pounce on your challenge with the snow and frozen door to the shop.
Buckle up~
Go Packers!
Thank you Bob! I can hardly wait for the barrage :rolleyes:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!!! From zero to hero in just two pens!!!:biggrin:

It's great to see you having fun again Chuck, and your two stunning offerings so far are an extra bonus. Both extremely impressive.:wink:
Keep it up buddy!!
:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wow!!! From zero to hero in just two pens!!!:biggrin:

It's great to see you having fun again Chuck, and your two stunning offerings so far are an extra bonus. Both extremely impressive.:wink:
Keep it up buddy!!
:biggrin:
Thank you for your kind words Steve! And, your inspiration as well. More to come! :wink::biggrin:

wizard

Chuck, That's impressive !! Amazing talent...you just whipped up a custom pen kit!! Awesome job both you and Mike! Would love to know what the kind of file for the nose cone..
Regards, Doc:)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, That's impressive !! Amazing talent...you just whipped up a custom pen kit!! Awesome job both you and Mike! Would love to know what the kind of file for the nose cone..
Regards, Doc:)
Thank you Doc! Gradually creeping my way up to standards set forth by you.:wink::biggrin:

I may have to refer you to Mike Redburn for details on the file. All I know about it is, 8" double end wax file. It is flat on one side, half round on the opposite with both, coarse and, fine cutting.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I see an anodizing setup in your future.

Well done.
Thanks Pete! I have an anodizing set up but, nowhere to set up :redface:

We did some anodizing in Florida on our Lanai. But, I had Mike Redburn to guide the way back then. I'm wondering if there could be a way to downsize things for pen parts.:rolleyes:

Charlie69

Wow! what can I say that hasn't been said, phenomenal work! I like how you made the steps so the step from body to section doesn't look so drastic. If you don't mind me asking will the nose cone accommodate other refills like a Pilot or Uni-ball?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! what can I say that hasn't been said, phenomenal work! I like how you made the steps so the step from body to section doesn't look so drastic. If you don't mind me asking will the nose cone accommodate other refills like a Pilot or Uni-ball?
Thanks Charlie! I have to say, there was more head scratching than actual turning. Took many hours to get this completed. In fact a lot of these parts were replaced once. :redface: I am not familiar with Pilot or Uni-ball but, can tell you, the nose cone is made specifically to the dimensions of the refill that is in it. I believe a Schmidt 5888 ceramic.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pen Chuck! I have always liked the watch part blanks. Going to have to give one a try one of these days.

Jamie
Thanks Jamie! Try it out. Mike Hirsch is really skilled at placing the parts.

Nice work Chuck! Well done! You're a man on a mission lately. You're really starting to get the hang of that aluminium!

Mike
Thank you Mike! There are more coming. Got blanks and, got aluminum :biggrin:

Top Bottom