Saved from the land of rot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TucsonCyclist

TucsonCyclist

This is a chuck of cedar that I picked up on my sisters property when I was in Spicewood, TX last year. I finally got around to cutting up the small chunks and out popped this beauty. The picture does not do the grain and color justice. I hope some of the other pieces turn out this nice.

Finish: 1 coat of tung oil that sat for a week, then hit with 0000 steel wool. Then 6, 7, 8 (I lost count) coats of CA wet sanded with 220 and 600, then MM to 12,000. After that I hit it with 3 coats of Meguire's car polish.

Attachments

• IMGP7969.jpg
    IMGP7969.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marksman

Did you crosscut it or is it a crotch piece? The color is beautiful and the figure of the grain is outstanding. Nice finish too! Good rescue.

robutacion

This is a chuck of cedar that I picked up on my sisters property when I was in Spicewood, TX last year. I finally got around to cutting up the small chunks and out popped this beauty. The picture does not do the grain and color justice. I hope some of the other pieces turn out this nice.

Finish: 1 coat of tung oil that sat for a week, then hit with 0000 steel wool. Then 6, 7, 8 (I lost count) coats of CA wet sanded with 220 and 600, then MM to 12,000. After that I hit it with 3 coats of Meguire's car polish.

Great piece of wood...!:wink:

When it comes to discover "treasures" from the "land of rot", I know a little about it and have been blessed with that experience many times over but, never enough...!:eek::biggrin:

Great fit and finish, also...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom