Saturday Morning Project: Capolavoro Rosso

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

Here's a Majestic kit with a red with gold matrix try-stone blank that I turned this morning (rainy Saturday - good time to be in the shop).

I do have a question. I noticed that on the Majestic kits, the rollerball tip and the fountain pen tips are interchangeable. This does not work on the Jr. Statesman pen kits. Does anyone know where you can buy just the rollerball and fountain pen parts of the pens? I'd like to make them and offer the person the option of using it as a rollerball or as a fountain pen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments & critiques welcome.

Attachments

• Capolavoro Rosso.JPG
    Capolavoro Rosso.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Capolavoro Rosso Closed.JPG
    Capolavoro Rosso Closed.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Outstanding pen, the blank is a great fit with the kit, it looks as though it was made just for that kit. Your fit and finish is spot on.

plano_harry

Hi John, great looking pen! Here is a link to the discussion on Jr II series threads in case you missed it.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/gent-statesman-jrnib-compatibility-not-118668/

In the past they were interchangeable - in the future maybe, If you have some older kits, they will interchange. I don't think you will find a source for the sections only - and if you did, would they fit the coupler you installed?

While not something you would want to do on the fly, it is fairly easy to knock out the coupler/RB section and replace with a coupler/FP section. If you charge $30 for a FP upgrade with a Bock nib, you will at least make it worth your time until CSUSA gets their threads uncrossed.

I hope that helped with your question.

Harry

elkhorn

Thanks, everyone. Harry, what I am looking for is are there any sources for the FP/RB tips/reservoirs that could be purchased for the Majestic. That way for X$ people could get an interchangeable tip if they want to switch out. You're correct on the CSUSA kits - I've tried it with both some new ones and old ones and they would not interchange.

Thanks again.

tgsean

Fantastic pen, goes well with the kit. What tools do you use to turn the truestone? Is it Carbide or HSS?

elkhorn

Pitoon, I'm Italian. Also, some advice that was given to me by another pen maker was never to use the kit names when you list your pens. Give them a different name. Since my site is TuscanyPens, I stick with Italian names. His advice is that some people will look up the price of a Majestic (for example) and wonder why it's being sold at 3 or 4 times the kit cost.

Sean, I use carbide tools for the try-stone and acrylics.

Harry, :)

Top Bottom