Saturday between chores

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I made these pens between my regular Saturday chores. Enjoy, and as always, comments welcome, good, bad, or indifferent.

This pair of slimlines were made from gym flooring from the school where I taught for 32 years. The gym was destroyed by a tornado in 2004 and I salvaged some of the more figured boards from going to the dump.
2007722145819_Kents%20pair.jpg

This pair were made form blanks made by William Lee, aka williecue. Willie makes pool cues and awsome pens using his pool cue inlay machine. Check out his site at: http://home.stx.rr.com/n5wrx/
2007722145331_Williecue%20blanks.jpg

This cigar pen is made from mesquite burl for the friend who gave me the burl. It is making some really nice pen. Thanks grasshopper.
200772215055_Eds%20mesquite%20burl%20cigar.jpg

And last, I'll bore you with yet another rattlesnake slimline. The skin was not as dark as usual and this buckeye blank seemed to be just the match, but now I'm not sure.
2007722145622_buckeye%20slimline%20snake.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />
Check out his site at: http://home.stx.rr.com/n5wrx/
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hi Don. Checked out WilleeCue's web site. He dose fantastic inlay/segemented pens! Lots of good ideas here! He sure sell his pens cheap with such work! At those prices I can see why he has a lot of sales.

Les in Alberta
2007722161837_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint

its_virgil

Actualy Bill, I didn't say how long I took between chores and I can't say now because of WOS (Wife Over Shoulder)[:D], but I think it was much longer than just a few minutes[;)]. I did get the yard mowed, edged, and swept up. Maybe I did that between pens! Thanks for your comments. I do appreciate all of the feedback.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by bjackman
<br />Don,
Great job as always.
Btw, somehow you manage to get more done in your few minutes between chores than I often get done all day.... [B)]

txbatons

Nice pens. I like that you used the gym floor. I've taught at the same school for 20 years and I have made pens using wood from trees on campus and torn down buildings, etc. They make good gifts for the higher-ups (to grease the wheels [;)]).

its_virgil

Actually, I taught in Holliday for 32 years. Holliday is just outside of WF on the highway to Seymour.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by MarkHix
<br />Those are really nice. I especially like the first two. Which school? I grew up in Wichita Falls.

Darley

Don, good looking pens like the burl very well done, on your Rattler Snake slimline I would probably add a thin contrasting wood CB or pickguard just to break the colour nevertheless he look good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom