Sassafras Burl Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TomG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomG

Blank is from Nolan. 1st Statesmen, BIG PEN!!! Going to try Jr next.

Tom

200761322223_Sassafras%20Burl%20Statesman_800x963.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

You know, a month ago I got some amboyna burl blanks and thought it was the best, most drop dead gorgeous wood available for pen making... then I see a photo such as yours and have to re-think things! Really nice looking pen.

NOW.... I have to start hunting for some Sassafras burl![:D] Geeze, the hunt NEVER ends![:p]

TomG

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />The pen is MUCH better than the signature! [;)]

I agree! It looks like I write with my feet!! Im going to try writting with my feet next time I post a pic, you tell me which is better.

Tom

TomG

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />You know, a month ago I got some amboyna burl blanks and thought it was the best, most drop dead gorgeous wood available for pen making... then I see a photo such as yours and have to re-think things! Really nice looking pen.

NOW.... I have to start hunting for some Sassafras burl![:D] Geeze, the hunt NEVER ends![:p]

Thank you for your comment. By the way Nolan has some AWESOME 2 tone Amboyna.

Tom

DKF

Very nice pen, and very nice color....will have to contact Nolan to see if he has any more. I felt the same way about the size of the Gentleman's pen...just too big....I will only make them for special order. I like the Jr. Gent much more. Did someone say Two Tone Amboyna??? I love that stuff!

TomG

Originally posted by rhahnfl
<br />I'm curious about the hardware. Is that chrome or titanium with some copper? What ever it is it goes very well with the wood. Very good looking. [:)]

Rhodium from CSUSA. No copper though.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom