Sapphire and Black Duofold, and a Piston Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

This was pesky little pen to make. The piston fillers are nice but with anything new, there are going to be problems. The problems aren't with the piston mechanisms--they're nice. The problems arise when I try to do something fancy with them. Compounding the issue is the ebonite that's coming from India lately.Lots of pits. Some pieces are okay, others are a mess.

I liked this acrylic--such a nice shade of blue. I have some vintage cebloplast about the same color, but I need to get this style and filling system squared away before I cut into that stuff. Thanks for looking and commenting. Please ask questions if you have them. I enjoy them.

Capped length is 5 1/8" (129 mm). I sent the pen off to be engraved so I can't list its dimensions, but I know the capped length is correct. The nib is a new smooth italic (Jowo) from Brian Goulet with his ink spot logo--pretty cool--and they seem about as smooth as the Jowo 1.1 italics from Brian Gray. So great to have these available now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sapphire Blue Duofold 002 (Small).JPG
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 002 (Small).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 509
  • Sapphire Blue Duofold 003 (Small).JPG
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 003 (Small).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 475
  • Sapphire Blue Duofold 005 (Small).JPG
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 005 (Small).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 485
  • Sapphire Blue Duofold 008 (Small).JPG
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 008 (Small).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 460
  • Sapphire Blue Duofold 010 (Small).JPG
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 010 (Small).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 502
  • Sapphire Blue Duofold 012 (Small).jpg
    Sapphire Blue Duofold 012 (Small).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 452
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It doesn't look like it has a problem with it :biggrin: Beautiful shade of blue Robert. One of my favorites. I appreciate the contrast with the black. Pick guard on the blind cap would suit me just fine, but it's a winner as, is.

Sawdust46

Beautiful pen. The white rings add a little too much for me. I would have like to stay with the chrome or black. But it's a beautiful pen, I'm probably crazy.

ZIP IT!

Top Bottom