Sapline Black Cherry Euro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

karlkuehn

Banned
Here's one that I made out of the sapline black cherry that I got the other day. Very nice stuff, turned like butter, even with the cross grain. There were a few sap pockets that I left the natural dark amber colored sap in and filled with CA. Nice cherry color and sappy grain patterns with this stuff. :)

I overturned it a smidge at the clip, and I normally like to give the top tube a little more 'swell' but this one somehow turned out a little more B2B...oh well, can't win 'em all! [:p]

Skew finish, 320 CA wet sand, MM12K, CA/BLO, MM12K, Ren wax, Bear Tooth Woods Black Chrome/Chrome Euro kit.

BlackCherrySapline1_1.jpg

BlackCherrySapline1_2.jpg

Comments and questions welcome as always!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by dalecamino

Beautiful pen ! I really like cross grain . Thank you for sharing & providing finishing steps . Care if I try it ? [8D]

hehe...most everything all of us do here is stolen from somewhere else! My steps are just copies from what other people do, I just pick and choose what seems to be working for me on a particular day. hehe

So go ahead and use it, of course! Lemme know if you come up with anything revolutionary and awesome so I can steal it! [:p]

Top Bottom