Sapele Figured Pommele Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Skye

Skye

Well, since everyone is in awe that I actually turn pens (LOL), here's another one I made for a gift exchange for tonight's AAW meeting.

CA finish, again no photobooth.

sap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

I like the figure in the wood, the finish really shows it off. I also like the pen stand, I can't get mine away from my kids long enough to take a picture.

Skye

Heh, yeah I have a weak spot for old VWs. :)

That's great, I was hoping they would come by and say "Hi." Van is a tall one. I'm afraid my daughters are going to take on his garganuan height while my family are just a tad taller than hobbits. I have a feeling they'll be taller than me by 15. There will be friction between me and their boyfriends I can already tell, lol

Thanks guys!

Tuba707

Heh, yeah I have a weak spot for old VWs. :)

That's great, I was hoping they would come by and say "Hi." Van is a tall one. I'm afraid my daughters are going to take on his garganuan height while my family are just a tad taller than hobbits. I have a feeling they'll be taller than me by 15. There will be friction between me and their boyfriends I can already tell, lol

Thanks guys!

lol... height isn't everything... you just need that intangible intimidation factor =)

GouletPens

nice pen, good job. looks good from over here!

Gift exchange huh? Dang, I have an AAW meeting tonight, I better make sure I don't have to bring something!!!!:eek:

Skye

You suck, again!

Yeah, and I dropped this darn thing in the parking lot, chipped the inside of the nib. Had to break out the Sharpie because I don't have time to go home before I hit the road. :(

PaulDoug

Darn Skye, I've stared at that pen for 5 minutes trying to find something to pick at, just can't find anything, it's a beauty. How about turning one out of corian?

Skye

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a Citroen 2CV holding that GORGEOUS pen?????

Honestly, I didnt read the box it came on. I thought it was just a VW buggy, lol

Darn Skye, I've stared at that pen for 5 minutes trying to find something to pick at, just can't find anything, it's a beauty. How about turning one out of corian?

Well, he pic is a little blurry (thank goodness) but if you look closely, the highlight has some dark speckles in it on the upper barrel. There's some slight pitting there where the CA isnt 100% even.

Still a nice pen, went to a Christmas gift exchange. I walked away with a great pair of segmented salt/pepper grinders. Woot!

bitshird

Skye, First . That is the most elegant piece of sapele I've ever seen, and the pen although shocking in the fact that you actually did it, is unbelievably beautiful.
Secondly, if you have a soft spot for Old V Dubs I have one I could be coerced into parting with. (were the price right) I could even drive it down to you, lord knows I need to escape this frozen tundra....

Skye

Well, my prices are much lower than the average man's but shoot me the details on it. Should I fall into some money some day (highly unlikely) I may have to take a look at it. My 7 year old misses the last one I had.

I've got 15 toys sitting on my desk here at work hoping someone will say the fabled "Hey, my grandfather has one sitting in a barn... yadda, yadda, yadda". Hasn't worked yet though...

CaptG

Really a nice looking pen. As for the "intimidation" factor, my brother-in-law is vertically challenged and his daughter is very attractive. He draws a chalk outline of a body on the front sidewalk before her date arrives, and tells the date that was the last guy that brought his baby girl home late.

hewunch

Skye, so it finally cooled off in the attic? Nice pen, nice finish. I am not a big fan of the black enamels for that reason. But if you can keep them from being ruined by gravity, they are nice. And as far as your daughter's beaus go, you have tats and drive a motorpickle. Surely you can pull a Paul sr. on them :D

Skye

Hey Jeremy! You too, I just got some sea salt for my kick booty shakers I got. Still waiting for the urethane smell to dissipate though. Not sure when the next meeting is, but there was talk of it being on a Wed, which may be a prob for me. I may be able to finagle my way to it though.

Hans, actually it warmed up a little. We went through as nap of unusually low temps here for this time of year. Lowest it's been in like 100 years or something to that effect. Not long before that it was too hot. We seem to be an area of extremes, hot or cold. You get a few weeks of 70 degree days a year. So, I'm taking advantage of the tolerable temps up there.

Top Bottom