Santa's Helper busy yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TerryDowning

TerryDowning

Pen 1 Is for my oldest son a Slimline stylus on a home cast coffee bean blank. Newhall Coffee french roast beans, fiberglass resin colored with ceramcoat acrylic paint to match the color of my son's coffee. Finish is CA sanded to 800 buffed with tripoli and white diamond
1_2012-12-17_07.13.05.jpg

Pen 2 Is for oldest son's GF a Slimline stylus on a home cast PR blank, blue is tinted blue with blue embossing powder and dye, gold is antique gold embossing powder. Finish is sanded to 800 buffed with tripoli and white diamond
1_2012-12-17_07.13.22.jpg

Pen 3 is a stocking stuffer for LOML a Long Clicker, Timber is from the root of a rosebush that was removed in the spring, I manged to get a few blanks out of the root ball. The void is filled with blue tinted PR. Finish is CA sanded to 800 buffed with tripoli and white diamond
1_2012-12-17_07.13.32.jpg

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Good work. That last one looks so much like Honduran Rosewood Burl I would have bet big money on it being so. Maybe I need to dig up the wife's rose bushes and see if the roots look that good. But if I do that I won't have any place to make pens and my hands probably won't work right either. Keep at it pilgrim.
WB

Top Bottom