Sandringham Holly and Black Ash Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

The colors go nicely together, I think. The centerband is nickel silver. I was thinking of putting an inlay of some kind in the finial (perhaps just a circle of the holly or of the nickel silver), but thought it might be a bit much. Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• holly.jpg
    holly.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 292
  • hollyc.jpg
    hollyc.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Wow Doug!!! I think the finial is a bit out of place, but everything else is smokin'!! Nice work!!

SDB777

The finial would have looked really awesome as some more of that segmenting you have going on on the body!

Nicely done! Some nice coloration between the timbers....that I like in a big way!

Scott (maybe I need some segmenting) B

Hendu3270

Great looking pen. I think a center of the silver or even black in the finial would have looked really good. Either job nice job.

BradG

nicely done Doug very eye catching :) ... eyes keep being pulled to the finial though... you may want to revisit that

Southwest

Beautiful combination of woods with the colors and the contrast of tight burl to straight grain. In my eye the body and cap don't look like they came from the same pen. Outstanding in their own rights but mismatched together. The inlay work looks top notch!

Brooks803

Love it! You never cease to amaze Doug. My only complaint (as small as it is) is that I don't get to see as much black ash burl....it's my fav wood!

Top Bottom