SALVAGE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ted iin Michigan

So I'm in the shop last December making a pen for LOML. She had asked for a Clicker in the PSI Coral Sea. Lovely pen. Everything goes well untill assembly.

I'm in a wee bit of a hurry (of course) and when I press in the tip I hear the dreaded "SNAP!". The blank breaks right at the tip. My fault. Too much pressure, too fast. And I didn't clean some excess adhesive out of the tube. So I make another one (in time for Christmas). LOML is happy.

But I'm stuck with a useless tube. But wait! Isn't this a Loooong 3/8" tube? Yes! Hmm. Too girly for a Vertex, a Polaris won't work, but don't I have a satin Executive kit? Yes!

So I cut down the tube to the right length (making sure to remove the damage), install the bushings for the Exec adn, hey, there's more than enough to still turn down and resurrect this into a pen.

Voila!

Attachments

• Executive - Satin - Coral Sea 1a.jpg
    Executive - Satin - Coral Sea 1a.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 652
  • Executive - Satin - Coral Sea 2a.jpg
    Executive - Satin - Coral Sea 2a.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks, gang. I have now learned to do a more thorough inspection before I assemble - before I turn, actually. I've been using transfer punches (wrapped in 220) to "clean" the inside of the tube. Sometimes I overdo a wee bit and the components fit loose. Just a tiny bit of thin CA on the tube will do the trick.

And no more "SNAP!".

Top Bottom